1. It is the responsibility of each and every member of the Probasi community to ensure that our events are conducted in an amicable, safe and tranquil manner. During these events, use of foul language, aggressive behavior, inappropriate conduct, hostile, belligerent, and combative behavior and act within public premises are unacceptable. These jingoistic instances will not be tolerated at Probasi of Charlotte.
2. At no instances and under no situations, should individual or group of Probasi member display aggressive behavior that results in violent altercations in a public settings, especially when it is part of a Probasi organized and hosted event.
3. Any unwanted activities will not be permitted in any Probasi event including but not limited to events organized at the Hindu Center premises.. Skirmishes are especially not acceptable when they happen within the confinements of the Probasi organized events including Hindu Center premises. This will greatly jeopardize our privileges to avail the Hindu Center premises in future gatherings and damage the integrity of our community image.
4. We have a long and mutually beneficial association with Hindu Center. Any unwanted activities within Hindu Center premises will greatly jeopardize our privilege to avail the Hindu Center premises in future gathering and may tarnish the goodwill of our community. This includes consumption of alcoholic beverages at the Hindu Center premises including parking lot.
5. Disputes can happen but such grievances and disagreements should be addressed first and foremost to the Executive committee. The duties of the executive committee are to resolve these issues separately and amicably with individuals or groups so that the sanctity of the events is not under jeopardy. Use of social media to voice grievances is strongly discouraged, as it can severely damage Probasi’s image, and that will make it difficult to come to any reasonable solution.
6. If Executive committee is unable to resolve the issue then the complaint should be addressed to BOD in writing. The BOD reserves the right to take appropriate action against the individual or group of Probasi members if it deems necessary. Such an action may include barring a member from future participation of Probasi activities per Article 7 of the BOD Charter.
7. We encourage Probasi members to actively participate in all community activities and family gatherings throughout the year. Due to time constraints it may not be possible to accommodate all interested participants in one event and we expect members to cooperate with the office bearers who are responsible for fair and smooth functioning of Probasi of Charlotte.
8. Encourage Comment Box at each Probasi event for members to voice comments, suggestions, and improvements. This will enable the office bearers to improve the functioning of Probasi of Charlotte.
BOD, Probasi of Charlotte, Nov 2017